Nhill Aeradio - 2009
tower for rotating beacon - click here for morestation Power HouseAeradio officeLorenz Radio Range transmitter hutRadio Range antenna towerLorenz Radio Range antennaeHF receiver mastHF receiver mast


The Aeradio Station at Nhill, on the Adelaide-Melbourne air route in western Victoria, was one of the original twelve standardised Aeradio stations constructed by Amalgamated Wireless Australasia (AWA) in 1938-39 for DCA. Click here to see the station when it was new.

Today, the Nhill Aeradio buiding is-so far as is known-the only surviving example of these historic buildings. The photo above shows it in October 2009, looking from the rear. Clearly it is in a state of decay.


(Photo: Ken Watson)

Back to the main Air Traffic Services index

 

If this page appears without a menu bar at top and left, click here