Aerodrome Ground Markings - 1928
1. Licenced Public Aerodrome - All Types
2. Licenced Public Aerodrome - Restricted Types
3. Emergency Landing Ground - All Directions
4. Emergency Landing Ground - One Way
5. Unofficial Landing Ground
6. Markings Showing Limits of Aerodrome
7. Method of marking Swamp, Rough Ground, Undergrowth etc.
8. Method of marking Washout, Soft Ground etc.
The basic dimension of the line-type markings was 50 ft, with a 3 ft line thickness. Unusable areas were to be marked with tins, painted white and sunk so that their tops were 2 in above the surface.
Click here for an earlier style of marking at Longreach in 1925
Download the drawing as a .pdf file by clicking on the image above.
(Drawing: CAHS collection)
Back to the main Airports and Aerodromes index
If this page appears without a menu bar at top and left, click here