The post-War need for light, twin-engine utility aircraft led DCA
to purchase a total of five Avro Type 652 Ansons from miltary surplus stocks.
The aircraft were allocated to DCA from 1947 and sent for civil conversion. The
extent of the conversion varied from aircraft to aircraft, some remaining much
as they were in military service whilst others were more comprehensively converted.
They entered service with DCA in the period 1950-54.
DCA service the Ansons all wore a silver overall with light blue trim colour scheme.
An aircraft was based in each DCA region.
decade of faithful service, DCAs Ansons were caught up in the Departmental
grounding of glued
wooden aircraft in 1960-62. They were replaced by Aero
on the images below to see photos of the Department's Ansons: